Monday, January 9, 2012

Exercising and Eating - Is That All I Need to Do?

It's a new year and lot's of people are deciding this is the year to get in shape, to drop some weight.



But I believe there's more to getting fit than exercising and watching how much you eat.





"Dear friend I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even
 as your soul is getting along well."  3 John 1:2






"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones."  Proverbs 3:7-8



'health' here in the Strong's Concordance means - cure.

As I study the Bible I begin to see that God's warnings are not to keep us from having fun but to protect us. We lose our mental, physical and spiritual health when we don't shun evil; when we think we know better than God. 

There are more Scrptures that talk about health but I just wanted to put a few out for now.

I personally believe I should be in God's Word daily, talking/praying and listening to Him; making sure I obey what His word says.

I can tell you after the initial ouch or hesitation, there is such a joy, a strength, and energy that comes in and this helps me exercise and helps me to say no thank you to those tempting foods.


Sit before the Lord and ask Him for guidance on getting healthy and make sure it's in all areas of your life - not just food and exercise of the body.


No comments:

Post a Comment