Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Want my Behavior to be a Credit to my Father's Name

Ephesians 4:1-2

1)   I am bound to the Lord, He is my Father and I desire to lead a life worthy of the divine calling He has placed on my life. I want my behavior to be a credit to my Father’s Name.

2)   I want to live in humility and not pride (Proverbs  8:13; 11:2; 16:8), so other will know it is by His strength, His blessings, His guidance that things are accomplished in my life. It is by His power that I have victory over the tests that come my way. (I John 5:4; I Corinthians 15:57) I want to be meek, not self-centered. To reach out to my brothers and sisters in Christ and have patience with them because I love them as Christ loves them. (I John 4:16)  We are called to encourage, correct, build one another up, etc. (I Thessalonians 5:11-18)

 

I realize there is only one way I will be able to accomplish all that’s in those 2 verses (it’s Christena’s version by the way). It will require me to be in God’s Word daily, to not just read His Word but to ask Him for wisdom, a revelation of what it means and how to apply it to my life today. To not become so busy that I don’t hear Him when He speaks. He does speak today. I can’t tell you how many times I have followed through and found out it was at the right time for someone to receive a phone call or a card in the mail, a visit, flowers, a hug and sometimes a prayer of protection.

It requires me to take my thoughts captive, to stay focused on today and my future and not keep looking back at my past. When I look back at my past it causes me to stumble (I can’t walk forward while I’m looking behind me—I fall every time!) and to use excuses as to why I sinned. That’s not who I am anymore. I’m a new creation! God has a hope and a future for me and now I have to choose to obey His Word or disobey and face the consequences. I choose to let go of my past and walk in a way that will bring abundant life, a way that will help others.

I’m thankful to God for all He has cleansed me from and for His patience. I need to remember He will do this for everyone – the sleepy Christian who is full of pride and wants a position to honor themselves; the drunk at the local bar; the prostitute on the corner; the spouse that cheated; the liar and the list goes on. GOD LOVES ALL OF HIS CHILDREN AND WANTS NONE TO PERISH. HE STAND AT THE DOOR AND KNOCKS. WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, IT REQUIRES ACTION ON OUR PARTS – FROM THE TIME WE OPEN THE DOOR AND ACCEPT HIM, ALLOWING HIM TO COME IN – TO THE TIME WE GO HOME TO BE WITH HIM FOR ETERNITY. I Timothy 2:3-4; Revelation 3:20)

Again, it points back to knowing His Word, knowing God and that takes time.  So if you are a new Christian, a child of God – don’t be discouraged. Make sure you attend a church that teaches ALL of God’s Word. A church that truly hungers and thirsts to know all there is to know about God and His ways; how we are to live in this world, giving glory, honor and praise to Him.

Get involved in a Bible Study, find others to hang around with that are hungry and thirsty for God. Allow yourself to be corrected and loved on, encouraged and called upon to advance in the Kingdom building. And as you learn to hear the Shepherds voice, you will begin to help others in the correction, loving, encouraging area. We are branches on the Vine, we need each other with all our differences. I believe that is why the greatest commandment is to love one another. Where there is love (not worldly love) it covers a multitude of sins, there is forgiveness and a true desire to see the person set free from bondage's, lies, and pain; a real desire to see the person have victory in their lives.

All this comes from having a relationship not a ‘religion’ with Jesus Christ. If you haven’t accepted the Lord as your Savior yet, close your eyes, bow down OR stand and raise your hands, eyes to heaven and say a prayer (prayer is a conversation with God, don’t make it complicated) Here’s one you can read if you want. Just pour your heart out to Him, for He cares for you!

You can pray --  Father, I come before you and confess my sins, my selfish ways and I’m so tired. Your word in Romans 10:13 says ‘everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved’, and I’m calling on you now. Forgive me of my sins and guide me in the way of life, Your life.  I accept you as my Lord and Savior and I desire to understand Your word. Thank You for forgiving me. Thank You that You are true to Your Word and You will guide me and I will know my Shepherds voice. I praise You Father, for Your love and I accept Your forgiveness and Your love.

In Jesus Name I Pray, Amen

Good place to start reading is the book of John.

 I personally believe in baptism – immersion. It is an outward expression of obedience. Jesus was baptized.

Mark 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Titus 3:3-7   whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

And I believe eternal life begins the moment you accept Christ into your life, it’s not ‘fire insurance’. You receive all He promises today, heaven on earth. Why else would he instruct them to pray – ‘your will be done on earth as it is in heaven’.  Matthew 6:10

If you need help in finding a church or just want to tell someone you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior, please email lifechurchandtraining@yahoo.com and we will be in touch with you, celebrating with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment