Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Power of Praying for Your Adult Children

We had another awesome class!
It has been awesome having some of the husbands join us in this study.

We were on Chapter 3
'Pray That your Adult Children Will Grow in Wisdom, 
Discernment, and Revelation'

This chapter starts out with an excellent point.
Stormie Omartian says

'In order to have peace as parents, we have to pray for certain things to be true in the lives of our adult children. And then we have to trust God to answer those prayers. We can't be obsessing over everything that happens in their lives, because that would not only drive us crazy, but everyone around us as well.....We don't have to figure out every little detail: that's God's job.'

Once again this brings it back to us. What do we need
to change in our prayer life as parents?
Are we trusting God? Or still trying to take things
into our own hands?

We need to stop praying....God change my son/daughter....
make them ..... and then it's something we want
maybe even worldly.

One thing I'm learning from this study is to make
sure my prayers are Scripture based and that
my heart is right.
To do this I must have a relationship with my
Father. I need to be in His word, to pray
and praise Him daily.

So as you pray for wisdom, discernment and revelation for your
children - pray it for you and your spouse too.

In the Greek
wisdom = insight, the art of using wisdom - clarity
discernment = perception - cuts through hazy ethical (moral) matters
revelation = once hidden now revealed in the Gospel

We need to pray for our children to have wisdom, discernment and revelation.
We want them to know God, have a relationship
with Him that is their own.
As they begin to have wisdom and allow the
Holy Spirit to work in and through them, they
will have discernment.
With discernment they will begin to have
revelation from the Lord, which will give
them purpose.

So Father, I ask that you give our daughters and sons Your wisdom. Wisdom to understand Your word and Your ways.
As they gain wisdom, teach them discernment so when
faced with the many decisions and situations, they will
know when to flee, how to pray and when
to boldly speak Your Name, Your Word.
And give them revelation into Your Word so they
will know what Your good and perfect will
is for their lives.
I praise You and thank You for blessing me with
my wonderful children. I trust You Lord, to
fulfill your word in their lives.
In Jesus Name I Pray,
amen

Psalm 119:34 Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart.

James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.

Proverbs 1:5 
let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance
Psalm 119:125
I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Proverbs 29:18
Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law.

Ephesians 1:17-19

  

2 comments:

  1. wow- this is the second answer to prayer on your blog this evening- I was just asking my prayer partner of 34 years how best to pray for married daughter and husband who are facing a particular difficulty- thanks again- God is using you mightily on my behalf- thanks and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement. It truly is ALL God.

    ReplyDelete